Chief Executive Officer, Citi Islamic Investment Bank E.C. – Citi Bahrain
- Usman Ahmed is the CEO of Citi Bahrain and also the CEO of Citi’s Global Islamic Banking business, based in Bahrain since October, 2015.
- Prior to this appointment, Usman was the Managing Director, Head of Corporate and Investment Banking for the Philippines and concurrently the Managing Director, Head of Global Islamic Banking for the Asia Pacific region. Usman was based in Manila from August, 2012 to September, 2015 and was also as an Executive Director on the Board of Citicorp Capital Philippines, Inc.
- Usman was appointed as Managing Director & Chief Operating Officer, Corporate Banking as well as Managing Director, Head of Global Islamic Banking for the Asia Pacific region in August 2011 and was based in Hong Kong till July, 2012.
- Between April, 2008 and July 2011, Usman was the Managing Director and Head of Corporate Banking for Emerging Markets at Barclays Bank, with responsibility for 14 countries across the Middle East, Africa and South Asia.
- Usman was the Chief Executive Officer & Managing Director of Global Islamic Banking at Citi, based in Dubai prior to joining Barclays Bank and has also worked with Citi in various other roles, including as a Director in Capital Markets Origination in London, and as a Product Manager and Relationship Manager in Bahrain and Pakistan. Usman‘s total banking experience spans over 20 years, in various roles across the EMEA and Asia Pacific regions.
- Usman has also been a Senior Credit Officer at Citi since 2013.
- In addition to Citi Islamic Investment Bank, Usman is also a Board Member of the American Chamber of Commerce, Bahrain, the Bahrain International School Association (a US Department of Defense Education Activity school) and Injaz Bahrain (a member of Junior Achievers Worldwide).