Chief Executive Officer, Oakstone Merchant Bank Limited
Dr. Mohammed Abdel-Haq
- Chief Executive Officer, Oakstone Merchant Bank.
- Professor in Banking and a Director of the Centre for Islamic Finance at the University of Bolton.
- In 2011 Mohammed was appointed Chairman of the UK Ministerial Advisory Group on Extremism in Universities and FE Colleges.
- He previously Chaired the Advisory Board for the Conservative Middle East Council from 2011-2015.
- He fought Swansea West for the Conservatives in the 2005 General Election.
- In 2013 he was appointed a member of the UK Islamic Finance Task Force, which was set up to advise the Treasury and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
- Chatham House Council Member 2011-2014.
- Mohammed has worked in senior capacities in various International Banks including Citi, Deutsche and HSBC.
- Mohammed wrote a book and several articles on Islamic finance, Islam and the Middle East.